“Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.”
- Obi wan Kenobi, Star Wars
Sharpen up your pencils and start your word processors. Mord Fiddle is pleased to announce the first ever Lives in Low Sec Writing Contest.
Obviously, Obi wan had never been to New Eden's lowsec. Lowsec is the dark heart of the beast. A place teeming with the dregs of humanity. Pirates. Thieves. Grifters. Jaywalkers. They all find their way to lowsec sooner or later. Lowsec makes Mos Eisley look like effing Mayberry. In lowsec, if it's not nailed down, they'll steal it. If it is nailed down, they'll tear up the floorboards and steal it anyway.
I'm looking for stories that highlight the particular (ahem) character of lowsec. I'm looking for political intrigue, rogues on the run, clever scams, spaceway robbery, against-all-odds heists, how you bailed the corp loudmouth out of (yet another) tight spot he'd gotten you into. I'm looking for human drama. The compelling or larger than life characters are not only welcome but the best way to win.
- Bloggers from all across New Eden are welcome to participate in the Lives in Low Sec Writing Contest, but the events described must take place in low security space.
- Pure fiction is not allowed. The events described must have actually occurred in lowsec.
- Poetic license, being life's blood to a good story, is assumed and outright encouraged.
- All entries must be published in your Eve Online blog.
- If you wish to enter Lives In Low Sec Writing Contest but don't have an Eve Online blog...well, this would be a nice time to start one, wouldn't it?
- To enter, simply post your entry in your blog and send Mord Fiddle the link via his gmail account.
- New blog posts only! Entries to the Lives In Low Sec Writing Contest predating midnight,November 16 will not be considered.
- All entries to the Lives In Low Sec Writing Contest must be received no later than noon (EST), November 22, 2011
- A list of entries received will be maintained on Fiddler's Edge.
- Mord Fiddle will judge the entries and announce the winners.
- Jenny, Mord's former research librarian, will provide covering fire.
- First Place: 400 million ISK and Infinite Bragging Rights
- Second Place: 200 million ISK and Stratospheric Bragging Rights
- Third Place: 100 Million ISK and Somewhat Lofty bragging rights
- Best Story Featuring Rixx Javix Prize: 250 million ISK and choice of Pirate Frigate (Contributed by Rixx Javix)
- Jack Sparrow Prize: A fitted Zephyr to the story best embodying the spirit and whimsy of Cap'n Jack (Contributed by Duncan Feldane)
- Best Cloak & Dagger Story of Thievery Prize: A Blood Raiders Ashimmu (Contributed by Kaeda Maxwell)
*Persons wishing to contribute additional items or ISK to the above prizes, or contribute to an additional "special category prize" (e.g. Most 'Lovable Rogue' Character, Best Bit 'O Larceny, Best Story Featuring Arydanika) please contact Mord at his gmail address.