Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Prince of Serendip

As I said elsewhere, it's an ill wind that blows no one good. I'm taking my own advice and buying in a down market.

Just when I resolved to head for null sec, CVA gets pushed out of Providence, leaving a big empty space where their industrial interests used to be. The new owners have put up "for rent" signs, and some of the offers are genuine bargains.

So, instead of slogging around in Syndicate, kicking, gouging and sweating blood to carve out a niche for HellForge. in null sec, a door has opened wide offering just what I wanted.

Serendipity, my friends. A happy accident.

HellForge. is, by the way, my very tiny corporation. Normally we don't generate the kind of isk needed to rent a null sec constellation. But, the rates are very reasonable and, as a member of an alliance with a toe-hold in 0.0 space, I should be able to recruit other small operators like myself who want a piece of the action.

As Bogart said in Casablanca, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

2 comments:

  1. See you in Provi. I'm guessing we'll be red to each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, and no hard feelings.

    Meanwhile, If any of your friends need some of their stuff recovered from unfriendly outposts, I'm available to facilitate for a percentage of the recovered value. Or, if they just want to liquidate, I may be able to help there too.

    ReplyDelete